Sunday, November 29, 2009

Week 1, Part 2

After reflecting on the Technology Applications Inventory and my responses to each question, about half of my answers were "Yes" and half were "No". Under the first domain, Foundations, the majority of my responses were "Yes". I feel that I am competent in this area. However, in regards to the other three domains, Information Acquisition, Solving Problems, and Communication, I believe that my competence could be greatly improved, especially as I prepare myself to be an administrator. If I am not competent enough in these areas, then I cannot expect my faculty, staff, and students to be.

After completing the SEDTA Teacher Survey, I realized that I am not utilizing technology in my classroom as I should be. Our district curricula is inundated with technology links and experiences, but is not being used as it should be. Personally, if we were required to use technology on a daily basis within our classroom, I think I would be more disciplined in using it. Because of the use of technology in our everyday lives, I know that I need to expose my students to what is available on our campus. This would better prepare them for 21st Century learning.

As a principal, I would say that my experience as a technology leader is minimal to advanced. I can communicate through e-mail, create word processing documents, basic spreadsheets, and powerpoints. I can also use search engines to do basic searches. However, with the new technology equipment available to me, i.e. promethean board, I lack the skills and confidence I need in creating flipcharts for effective use of the board.

Based on the assessments and my results of each, I do agree with the outcome. I need to take more technological professional development classes and utilize the training in and out of my classroom to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment