Sunday, November 29, 2009

Week 1, Part 3--Long Range Planning

After analyzing the Long-Range Plan, it is evident that in order for students to be effective 21st Century learners, the responsibility to get them there lies in the hands of everyone in the educational system, not just the classroom teacher. In order for teachers to effectively engage students in this ever-changing, technically advanced world, local, district, and state administrators must support the needs of the teacher and student.

Based on what I have learned, as an instructional leader who is guiding technology use and integration at my campus, I must model the behavior of what I expect. I must professionally develop my technology skills, set aside funding in the budget for technology needs, utilize technology beyond the basics in my everyday use, and create a technology committee, including parents and community partnerships, that will assist me in deciding what is necessary for our campus to be up to date in our technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment